Online Application At Sassa 2024-2025
South African Social Security Agency ( SASSA) is a government agency that provides social grants to eligible citizens in South Africa. SASSA offers an online application system to make it easier for individuals to apply for social grants.
The SASSA online application system allows applicants to apply for various social grants. The online application process is simple and convenient, allowing applicants to complete and submit their applications from anywhere, at any time. In this article, we will provide you with the steps on how to apply for a SASSA grant online.
Sassa Grants Available For Application 2024-2025
- Care Dependency Grant
The Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant), also known as the COVID-19 SRD Grant, was formed by the South African government, with the aim of providing financial assistance to those who do not have any financial means to support themselves. The grant award is R350 per month, for as long as candidates meet the requirements.
- Child Support Grant
The Care Dependency Grant is a payment from the government of South Africa to parents, foster parents, or primary caregivers of a child under the age of 18, who requires full-time care due to a mental or physical disability. The value of the Care Dependency Grant is R2 080 per child, per month
- Foster Child Grant
The Foster Child Grant is a payment from the government of South Africa, to a foster parent (by a valid court order) of a child under the age of 18. The grant is aimed at foster parents who need financial assistance to help take care of a foster child or children. The value of the Foster Child Grant is R1 120, per child
- Disability Grant
The Disability Grant is a payment from the government of South Africa to adults who are living with a physical or mental disability, making them unable to work for a period of 6 or more months. The Disability Grant is R2 080 per person, per month
- Older Person Grant
The Older Persons Grant (also called the old age pension grant) is a payment from the government of South Africa, to people residing in South Africa over the age of 60 years. the old age pension is R2 080 per person, per month, for people between 60 and 74 years old and R2 100 per person, per month, for people over 75 years old.
The Grant-In-Aid is a payment from the government of South Africa to current social grant recipients who are unable to care for themselves, in order for them to pay someone to take care of them full-time. The value of the Grant-In-Aid is R500 per month
- War Veterans Grant
The War Veterans Grant is a payment from the government of South Africa, to people residing in South Africa over have served in the Second World War or the Korean War. In order to qualify for this grant, applicants must be either over the age of 60 or must be disabled. They must also pass the “means test” which assesses their income and assets. the war veterans grant is R2 100 per person, per month.
How to Apply for SASSA Grants 2024-2025 – Online or In-person
You can apply for a SASSA Grant using two methods: by visiting any SASSA office in person or by applying online through the SASSA services website. For information on both application methods, continue reading.
APPLYING FOR A SASSA GRANT IN PERSON
- Applicants applying for SASSA in person will need to visit a SASSA office close to you
- If you are unable to visit the SASSA office yourself, due to being too sick, old, or disabled, you may have a family member or friend apply for you. They should bring a letter from you authorizing the application.
- The application form is available at the SASSA office and must be completed in the presence of a SASSA officer.
- A SASSA officer will be able to assist you or your appointed person, to complete the application form if you or they are unable to do so.
- After the application form has been completed in full, you will receive a dated stamped receipt, with the name of the SASSA official who assisted in your application.
NOTE: You will need to keep your receipt as proof of application
APPLYING FOR A SASSA GRANT ONLINE
To apply for a SASSA grant online, kindly follow these steps:
1) Kindly log in to the SASSA services website on any device with internet connectivity (cellphone, tablet, laptop, desktop computer).
2) Applicants must Register as new users on the SASSA services website, by clicking the yellow “Register” button on the home page. You will be required to provide the following personal information:
- Your citizenship (South African citizen/ permanent resident/ refugee)
- Your ID number
- Your ID document type (ID document/ temporary ID)
- Confirm your ID number
- Your title (Mr/ Mrs/ Miss)
- Your surname
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your chosen password (must be at least 8 characters, containing at least 1 of the following: uppercase or lowercase letters, numbers, symbols or special characters) (must not be a common word or name, or a close variation)
- Confirm your chosen password
- Your cellphone number (your 10-digit South African cellphone number, starting with 0)
3) Log in to the SASSA services website using your username and password.
4) Tab on “Apply for a Grant” and then select the type of grant you wish to apply for.
5) Complete the grant application form by providing all the required information.
6) Print the SASSA-generated affidavit and have it certified by a commissioner of oaths. Print, sign, and submit the Bank Payment Form with your affidavit.
7) Upload the required certified supporting documents in PDF format:
How Long Thats SASSA Takes To Process Application
SASSA normally takes up to 3 months to process your grant application. If your grant is approved, you will receive payment from the date on which you applied.
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR GRANT APPLICATION IS UNSUCCESSFUL
If your grant application was not approved, you will receive communication in writing from SASSA. If you disagree with the decision, you can appeal within 90 days of being notified that your application was unsuccessful. Your appeal must be submitted to the Minister of Social Development at the national office of the Department of Social Development.
SASSA Grants Payments Date For 2024-2025
The SRD grant will be paid as and when applications are approved. SASSA normally do its payments within the FIRST week of every month
SASSA Grants Contact Details
For any further queries, please contact SASSA directly:
- Contact the SASSA Toll-Free Call center on 0800 60 10 11
- Contact the SASSA Head Office on 012 400 2322
- Email SASSA Head Office at: Grantsenquiries@sassa.gov.za
- Contact details of SASSA offices across the country: Contact SASSA
Are you a South African citizen in need of financial assistance? You may be eligible for a social grant from SASSA, the South African Social Security Agency. Applying for a SASSA grant has never been easier, thanks to the agency’s online application system. Applicants can now apply for the SASSA Grants application anywhere and anytime. For more information, please visit SASSA Grants College’s official website.