Apply Online for NSFAS 2024-2025
Apply Online for NSFAS 2023-2024
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2024: NSFAS 2025 Applications
You can apply online via www.nsfas.org.za with your cellphone, tablet or computer. Kindly follow these simple steps to apply:
- Step 1: Go to www.nsfas.org.za
- Step 2 Click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Step 3: Create a myNSFAS account
- Step 4: Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab
- Step 5 Complete the sections on the screen with your details
- Step 6: Upload all the required supporting documents where applicable
- Step 7: Then, click on ‘Submit’
Do not worry if you do not own a digital device or have access to the internet; simply visit your local National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) or Thusong Center to submit an application using the same procedures.
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding 2024
- South African citizens
- SASSA grant recipients
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- Persons with a disability whose combined household income is not more than R600 000 per year.
- Applicants who first registered at university before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per year
- If you applied last year and were not approved for funding but you still need funding for 2024, you may apply again if you meet the NSFAS funding requirements.
- If your application for NSFAS funding for the 2022 academic year was accepted but you did not register for the entire year, you must reapply.
Who should not Apply for NSFAS 2024
- Students who have completed a previous qualification, unless they apply for an approved funded post–graduate qualification.•
- Students who have already applied and received funding in previous years. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies, provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
It is very important that during the application, an applicant provides their correct ID number, name(s), and surname as reflected on the ID document
Supporting Documents Needed to Apply for NSFAS 2024
In order for NSFAS to submit your financing application in time for your enrollment at an institution of higher learning, it’s critical that you provide the proper supporting documentation. The needed proof of documentation are:
- All applicants must provide a copy of their ID. A temporary ID issued by the Department of Home Affairs will be accepted.
- Non-SASSA applicants must provide ID copies of parent/s, legal guardian/guardian, or spouse.
- Smart ID cards: a copy with both sides of the smart ID must be provided.
- Proof of income: applicant and/or parents/legal guardian/spouse (where applicable (non-SASSA) should provide the latest payslip, not older than 3 months, UIF letter, appointment letter, retrenchment letter (applicant and/or parent(s), legal guardian/spouse)
- Passports / Driver’s licenses will be accepted as proof of ID
PLEASE NOTE: No affidavits will be accepted as proof for any funding requirement
OTHER RELATED LINKS:
For more details, visit https://www.nsfas.org.za