NSFAS Online Application 2022-2023
NSFAS Online Application 2023-2024: How to Apply for NSFAS 2023 Application Online…When is NSFAS Application 2023 opening date?
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme, NSFAS online application for the 2023-2024 academic year is likely to be open on 2 November 2022 and close on 21 January 2023. All Those who would like to apply for NSFAS 2023 should take note of the application closing date or deadline. Meanwhile, applications for 2023 have not been announced yet. For more information visit www.nsfas.org.za.
NSFAS is a government-run body under the Department of Higher Education and Training. NSFAS offers financial assistance to eligible students at TVET colleges and public universities. NSFAS Online Application 2023-2024
YOU CAN ALSO READ: TUT Application Online 2023
How to Apply for NSFAS 2023 Online Application
NSFAS Online Application for 2023 can be done using your computer, tablet, or any other smart cellphone. Before applying online, ensure you have all your supporting documents and qualify to apply. If you meet the NSFAS Application requirement for 2023, then continue the online application process. Follow the steps below:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2023 website: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2023
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab
- Create a myNSFAS account. If you don’t know how to create, click HERE
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab
- Update your personal information
- Answer the questions you see on the screen
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Finally, you click on ‘submit’
NSFAS Online Application Requirements 2023
If you are a South African citizen planning to graduate in 2023 or currently studying at a public university or TVET college and meet the following criteria, you are eligible for an NSFAS Bursary Application 2023:
- SASSA grant holders,
- If your combined household income is less than R350 000 per year
- If you are a disabled person with a combined household income of less than R600 000 per year
- If you started university before 2018 and your household income is less than R122 000 per year.
READ ALSO: TUT Online Application 2023
In order to complete your NSFAS Online application form 2023, you will need the following:
- You should have your own phone number and email address.
- You must have a copy of your ID or your birth certificate
- You should also have copies of your parents’, guardians’, or spouse’s IDs
- 1 year’s IRP5 or evidence of profits if it is necessary
- Evidence of income from your parents, guardians, or spouse
- If you are a SASSA grant holder, you would not be asked to provide evidence of income.
- Applicants with disabilities must complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- A Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form must be completed and signed by an adult who has been identified as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development. NSFAS Online Application 2023-2024
Read Also: NSFAS Application Status 2023-2024
Register for NSFAS Application 2023-2024
Applicants should Register online on the myNSFAS portal for 2023 as a user or Re-register a myNSFAS account. To do so, follow the steps outlined below:
- Applicants should visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za
- On the NSFAS webpage, click on the “myNSFAS” tab at the top right corner of the page
- myNSFAS page will be open with a welcome message ” Welcome to the myNSFAS student portal”
- If you wish to Re-register your myNSFAS account, enter your username (i.e. your email address) and password
- And if you want to Register, please click on “Register”. Please ensure that you have a valid copy of your South African ID or unbridged birth certificate copy before you register your profile.
- Tick the box to allow NSFAS to verify and validate the information you have provided with third parties
- Then, enter your ID number on the field as it is stated on your ID document
- Type your full name and surname as per your ID number in the space provided
- Enter your current email address
- Verify your email address
- Ensure that you enter your cellphone number
- Create your preferred password
- Then you Confirm the password
- Upload a copy of your ID document
- After that, kindly click on register to receive a one-time pin
- A One Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the email address and the cellphone number you provided (this OTP will expire after 24 hours)
- Type in the OTP and click submit
- Finally, you have now completed your NSFAS Registration for 2023
NSFAS Application 2023-2024 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Do I need to apply for NSFAS funding again if I am currently funded by NSFAS?
Ans: No. Once you are approved for NSFAS funding 2023, the funding covers you until you complete your qualification; provided you continue to meet the academic progression criteria. You just need to focus on studying and passing your modules to secure your continued funding.
- I plan to register for two qualifications at the same time. Can I receive funding for both qualifications?
Ans: A student can only be funded for one qualification at one institution at any one time.
- I was approved for NSFAS funding before, but never registered for that academic year; do I need to re-apply?
Ans: Yes, to receive NSFAS funding for 2023, you will be required to apply again. Application is likely to be open from 2 November to 21 January 2023, keep checking the NSFAS website and social media for 2023 application dates.
- I am an orphan (vulnerable child), how and where do I get hold of a social worker in order to complete the NSFAS application 2023?
Ans: You may speak to a Life Orientation educator or principal to direct you to your nearest Department of Social Development (DSD) within the area.
- Where can I study if I am approved for NSFAS funding?
Ans: Applicants who are approved for NSFAS funding must register to study at the following universities:
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Central University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- Mangosuthu University of Technology
- Nelson Mandela University
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
- Sol Plaatje University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Limpopo
- University of Mpumalanga
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa (UNISA)
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of the Free State
- University of the Western Cape
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Venda
- University of Zululand
- Vaal University of Technology
- Walter Sisulu University
OTHER RELATED LINKS:
- NSFAS Application 2023 Opening Date
- nsfas online application
- nsfas consent form PDF 2023
- nsfas closing date
For more details, visit https://www.nsfas.org.za/content/how-to-apply.html