TUT POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION (PGCE) Online Application 2023
TUT PGCE Online Application 2023
The PGCE is a one-year programme that prepares graduates to teach in public schools. It is the ONLY certification that allows graduates with degrees other than the BEd to register with the South African Council for Educators (SACE).
The PGCE (postgraduate certificate education) at the Tshwane University of Technology is a one-year qualification that a student can pursue after completing his or her bachelor’s degree to become a professional teacher. Students who do not wish to pursue a BEd (Bachelor of Education) but still want to teach might choose the PGCE.
- Qualification code: PCED01 – NQF Level 6
- Campus where offered: Soshanguve North Campus
Please note that this qualification will not be offered until further notice.
This qualification is managed by the Department of Educational Foundation.
a. Admission requirement(s):
- A discipline-related qualification at NQF Level 5 or 6, without a teaching qualification
b. Selection criteria: TUT PGCE Application 2023
- Selection is based on a personal interview with authorised academic(s) delegated by the Head of the School.
- Selection is based on the two appropriate subjects/fields of study for teacher education as listed in the Norms and Standards for Teacher Education.
- It is compulsory for all candidates to complete a minimum of 100 hours of Teaching Practice in an authentic context (schools and colleges).
- Candidates are selected solely on a PGCE programme for Education and Training (FET).
c. Minimum duration: One year.
d. Presentation: Evening or block-mode classes offered over a period of two years.
e. Intake for the qualification: January only.
f. Exclusion and readmission: See Chapter 2 of Students’ Rules and Regulations.
g. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), equivalence, and status: See Chapter 30 of Students’ Rules and Regulations.
h. Subject credits: Subject credits are shown in brackets after each subject.
Key to asterisks:* Information does not correspond to information on AA72. (Deviations approved by the Senate in May 2008.)
See Also: TUT University Online Application 2023
TUT PGCE Application 2023
TUT Contact Details
- Tel: 086 110 2421
- Email: email@example.com
Visit TUT’s Official Website for more information.
Other Related Links: