NSFAS Requirements 2024-2025
NSFAS Requirements 2024-2025: NSFAS Online Application 2024 Qualification
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at Public Universities or TVET colleges.
NSFAS Application Requirements for 2024
Who qualifies to apply for NSFAS Funding?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
See how to Apply for NSFAS 2024/2025 www.nsfas.org.za online
NSFAS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Do I need to apply for NSFAS funding again if I am currently funded by NSFAS?
Ans: No. Once you are approved for NSFAS funding, the funding covers you until you complete your qualification; provided you continue to meet the academic progression criteria. You just need to focus on studying and passing your modules to secure your continued funding.
- I plan to register for two qualifications at the same time. Can I receive funding for both qualifications?
Ans: A student can only be funded for one qualification at one institution at any one time.
- I was approved for NSFAS funding before, but never registered for that academic year; do I need to re-apply?
Ans: Yes, to receive NSFAS funding you will be required to apply again. Applications are currently closed, keep checking our website and social media for application dates.
Check Tshwane University of Technology NSFAS Status 2024
- I am an orphan (vulnerable child), how and where do I get hold of a social worker in order to complete an NSFAS application?
Ans: You may speak to a Life Orientation educator or principal to direct you to your nearest Department of Social Development (DSD) within the area.
- Where do I apply for NSFAS funding?
Ans: You apply via the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Where can I study if I am approved for NSFAS funding?
Ans: Applicants who are approved for NSFAS funding must register to study at the following Universities
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Central University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- Mangosuthu University of Technology
- Nelson Mandela University
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
- Sol Plaatje University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Limpopo
- University of Mpumalanga
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa (UNISA)
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of the Free State
- University of the Western Cape
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Venda
- University of Zululand
- Vaal University of Technology
- Walter Sisulu University
OTHER RELATED LINKS: