Elangeni TVET College Courses
Elangeni TVET College Courses: Elangeni TVET College is a leading institution in technical and vocational education in South Africa, providing an extensive range of courses to students seeking to acquire technical skills or specialize in a particular field. The college has gained a reputation for its superior education and experienced lecturers who are dedicated to equipping students with the skills and knowledge necessary for success in their chosen fields.
The courses available at Elangeni TVET College cater to a diverse student population, including school leavers pursuing entry-level qualifications and working professionals seeking to advance their careers through upskilling. These courses are structured to ensure that students acquire both theoretical knowledge and practical skills, and are taught by lecturers with practical experience in their respective fields.
Courses/Programmes offered at College of Elangeni TVET College
The courses provided at the institution are listed below:
National Certificate Vocational (NCV) Programmes
- PRIMARY AGRICULTURE: Employment Opportunities: Farm Management, Farmer, Forestry, Botany, Agricultural Science, Soil Science, Food Technology, Viticulture.
- SAFETY IN SOCIETY: Employment Opportunities: South African Defence Force, South African Police Service, Ministry of Defence
- TOURISM: Employment Opportunities: Accommodation Management, Tourism, Conference & Event Management, Travel Agent, Transportation Management, Game Ranger & Safari Work
- OFFICE ADMINISTRATION: Employment Opportunities: Office Management, Admin Clerk, Secretary, Receptionist, Telephonist, General Administrator
- HOSPITALITY: Employment Opportunities: Food & Beverage Management, Hotel Management, Chef, Accommodation Management, Bed & Breakfast Services, Events Management & Housekeeping
- IT & COMPUTER SCIENCE: Employment Opportunities: Data Processor, Computer Programming, Information Technology, Management Computer, Systems Engineering
- FINANCE ECONOMICS & ACCOUNTING: Employment Opportunities: Private & Public Accounting, Banking, Financial Services, Insurance Services, Investment, Brokering, and Financial Management.
- ENGINEERING & RELATED DESIGN: Employment Opportunities: Tool Making, Fing & Machining, Petroleum Engineering, Automotive Repairs, Welder
- ELECTRICAL INFRASTRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION: Employment Opportunities: Sound Technology, Sound & Technical Engineering, Electrical Engineer: Light & Heavy Current.
- CIVIL ENGINEERING & BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: Employment Opportunities: Plumbing, Carpentry, Masonry & Tiling, Architectural Technologies, Town Planning, Quantity Surveying, Foreman
- A year-end school report for grade 9 (pass) or higher;
- or NQF Level 1 Qualification;
- or an abridged programme designed for the specific purpose to access NQF Level 2;
- or recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment to meet the basic requirements
- Business Management: Employment Opportunities: Business Sector, Office Manager, Self-Employment, Public Sector.
- Human Resource Management: Employment Opportunities: Human Resource Manager/Assistant, Self-Employment, Public Sector.
- Financial Management: Employment Opportunities: Financial Manager, Bookkeeping, Accounting, Self-Employment.
- Management Assistant: Employment Opportunities: Personnel Assistant, Typist, Administrator, Receptionist, Secretary.
- Public Management: Employment Opportunities: Administration, Administration Assistant or Management, Customs and Excise Officer.
- Farming Management: Employment Opportunities: Raise Crops or Livestock, Nursery and Greenhouse Managers, Plant Production, Animal and Plant technicians, Farm Management, Farm Assistant, Hydroponic Specialist, Agribusiness Officer.
- Electrical Engineering: Employment Opportunities: Certified Electrical Engineer, Site Foreman.
- Mechanical Engineering: Employment Opportunities: Certified Mechanical Engineer, Site Foreman, Designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems.
- Civil Engineering: Employment Opportunities: Civil Engineer, Surveyor, Architect, Drawing of Plans, Building & Construction.
- Waste Water Management: Employment Opportunities: Overseeing the Transportation of Waste, Inform Plans for Waste Collection, Waste Disposal, Minimization and Recycling.
N4 Admission Requirements:
Relevant National Certificate N3 Electrical or Senior Certificate or Grade 12 with Maths, Science, and two technical subjects. An admission test may be required National Diploma (3 Years) All students who have completed their N6 certificate are required to complete 24 months of practical in-service training in their relevant field of study (certified by the employer) to qualify for a National “N” Diploma (NQF5)
A range of skills programmes is available from Elangeni TVET College. These programmes are mainly practical-based programmes and cervical is done by the College (unless otherwise stipulated). Please enquire with the respective Campuses for information on the following: Basic Computer Skills, End User Computing, Bricklaying, Carpentry, Motor Vehicle Repairs, Panel Beating & Spray painting, Pastel Accounting, Plumbing & Drain laying, Air Conditioner Refrigeration & Venlaon and Welding. College Courses Requirements
- Automotive Repair & Maintenance Level 2
- Safety in Society
- IT and Computer Science
- Office Administration
- Finance, Economics & Accounting
- Civil Engineering Construction
- Primary Agriculture
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- End User Computing Level 3
- Air Conditioning, Refrigerating and Ventilation Level 2
- Welding Level 3
- Construction Carpentry Level 2
- Furniture Making Level 2
- Automotive Spray Painting Level 2
- Bricklaying or Building and Civil Construction L3
- Plumbing Level 4
Elangeni Tvet College Online Application Process 2024-2025
The processes listed below must be followed by applicants who are applying online to the Elangeni Tvet College for the study season of 2023/2024:
- Go towww.elangeni.edu.za.
- Click on ‘Online Registration
- Create your account.
- Follow the steps until you reach the end.
- You will not receive a reference number.
READ ALSO: TUT B Tech Civil Engineering
Contact Information for Elangeni TVET College
- Phone.+27 (0) 31 716 6700
- Fax.+27 (0) 31 716 6777
- Physical Address.15 Portsmouth Road, Pinetown, 3610
- Postal Address.Private Bag X9032, Pinetown, 3610
Elangeni TVET College is one of the most prominent technical and vocational education institutions in South Africa, offering a wide range of courses to students who want to acquire technical skills or specialize in a specific field. We do hope this article was helpful. For more information, visit the official websitefor more details;