TUT Careers 2024-2025
TUT Careers 2024-2025: Making a career choice is no easy matter. It takes time, information and a good understanding of who you are. Life is about making choices and you will never stop making choices. Every single person has to make decisions that will affect his or her future. This may sound like a very daunting undertaking but do not lose hope. Making a career choice need not be a scary task if you take your time, be honest with yourself and put in a little effort. TUT Careers 2024-2025
Before you make a career decision it is important that you have a good idea of what your aptitude is. When I use the word “aptitude” I am referring to the following:
- Your personal strengths and weakness
- What you are good at and what you are not good at
- Your abilities
- Your talents
- Your skills
READ ALSO: TUT Short Courses 2024-2025
Why must I be aware of my aptitude?
If you have a good idea of what your aptitude is it will make the career choice process much easier as you will know what careers you are capable of doing and what you may not be capable of. By having a thorough knowledge of your aptitude you will be able to make a realistic career decision.
Why is making the correct career decision so important?
By making the correct career decision you will hopefully find yourself in a career that you will experience as fulfilling and challenging. You will be motivated to study and you will want to improve your academic qualifications. Job satisfaction using stems from a good career choice.
- The Career Fields
There are millions of careers out there, so where does one begin when you are researching your options? Well, you start with a basic breakdown of the career fields.
- Career books that explain what specific careers are about
- Open Days at tertiary institutions
- The Internet
- The Library
- Speaking to people who are already working in the profession that you are interested in
- Career Counsellors
- Career Counselling assessments
- Visiting workplaces
- Visiting Universities, Universities of Technology or Colleges
- Please remember that you can apply at more than one tertiary institution. Always have a backup plan.
- Many students believe that you can only apply at the beginning of the year, once you have received your final Grade 12 results, for course. This is untrue! You must apply with your Grade 11 results at the end of the previous year e.g. if you want to study in 2015, you need to apply in 2014.
- Many students believe that they cannot study further if they cannot afford it. This is also not true. Most tertiary institutions offer loans and bursaries.
- Choose a career because your parents/family/friends want you to do it
- Choose a career out of convenience
- Choosing a career because you think that it may be a good/nice/fun/relaxing career and not doing thorough career research
- Do not speak up when you are unsure about the career choice that you have made.
- Wait too late to make a career choice
- Apply at tertiary institutions after the deadline for applications
- Apply to only one tertiary institution
- Have a backup plan
- Always do career research regarding the course you want to study, you must know what you are going to be studying
- Always know the entry requirements for the course that you are interested in
READ ALSO: TUT Bursary Application 2024-2025
- A biographical questionnaire
- An aptitude assessment
- An interest assessment
- A personality assessment
- A detailed feedback session (1 hour)
- A written report
- Professional counsellors
- Latest psychometric material
- Value for money
- Up-to-date information on various courses and careers
Booking is essential
TUT Contact Details
For more information on TUT CLICK HERE. We do hope this article was helpful.