NSFAS Laptop Application 2022-2023/2024
NSFAS Laptop Application 2023 Online: How to Check NSFAS Application Status 2022
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Laptop Application Form for 2023 is now available at www.nsfas.org.za. All prospective applicants who want to apply for NSFAS Laptop for the 2022-2023 academic year can quickly do so now before the application closing date or deadline.
How to Apply for NSFAS Laptop Application 2023-2024 Online
NSFAS-funded students enrolled in public Universities and TVET colleges should go to www.nsfas.org and apply for a laptop through a student Digital Learning Device Online Order portal for the year 2022-2023.
To apply for a Laptop, all NSFAS-funded students should:
- visit www.nsfas.org.za,
- click on myNSFAS
- Then, you click “Online Order Portal”.
- Agree to the “Terms and Conditions”
- Complete your order.
Moreover, applicants will be required to provide the following information to the portal:
- Student number, Contact details
- South African ID number
- Name of the institution they are registered at
- Campus name and home address.
Students who are not NSFAS-funded yet require a laptop should contact their schools.
These students, according to Mncwabe, will be responsible for paying for the laptop they receive from their school. As a result, individuals must consent to the repayment terms set forth by the institution.
Mncwabe said university deliberations began quickly after Higher Education Minister Dr. Blade Nzimande directed NSFAS to hasten the distribution of computers to students.
“University sector consultations are nearing conclusion, allowing university NSFAS-funded students to begin ordering gadgets through our portal,” she said.
“We are quickly moving forward with the TVET consultation to allow college NSFAS-funded students to submit orders online as well.”
NSFAS advised applicants to contact the following people with their questions: CONTACTS OF THE NSFAS
Applicants must please note the following:
- According to the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET), bursary funding policies and guidelines students must
elect in writing the activation of the learning material allowance.
- Students have two options in this regard:
a. Students may receive the allowance in their bank account in which case the student is responsible for the purchase of
their learning material e.g. laptop and/or textbooks; or
b. Students may elect to receive a laptop facilitated by the University.
- Only students on the DHET Bursary Scheme qualify for this allowance.
- Closing date: 30 May 2023. Student’s not making a selection before this date may forfeit their allowances.
OTHER RELATED LINKS:
- TUT Online Application ITS
- NSFAS Online Application 2023
- Tshwane University of Technology NSFAS Application Status 2023