TUT University Pretoria
TUT University Pretoria; TUT online application
Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) is a higher education institution based in Pretoria, South Africa. It was founded in 2004 as a merger of several technical colleges and has since grown to become one of the largest institutions of technology in the country.
TUT offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses across seven faculties, including Applied Sciences, Arts and Design, Business and Management Sciences, Education, Engineering and the Built Environment, Health Sciences, and Information and Communication Technology.
The university is known for its strong focus on practical, industry-relevant training and research, and has established partnerships with a number of leading companies and organizations in South Africa and beyond.
TUT is committed to providing access to higher education for all and provides a variety of support services to help students succeed, including academic advising, counseling, and financial aid. TUT online application
Two faculties, namely the Faculties of Science and The Arts, have dedicated campuses in the Pretoria city center.
Mission, Vision, and Values
Pioneering an enterprising and transformative brand of the twenty-first Century University of Technology scholarship.
In fulfilling its vision, TUT will support its students to achieve their highest potential in a safe, enabling, and conducive environment by:
- Fostering a scholarship of teaching and learning
- Providing relevant and competitive academic programs with seamless articulation pathways
- Investing in state-of-the-art technology
- Conducting relevant research and promoting innovation, engagement, and social enterprise
To attain its Vision, the staff and students of Tshwane University of Technology commit to
- Social accountability
- Duty of care
- Greening the environment
- To prepare diverse students for rewarding careers and responsible citizenry by providing a student-centered learning experience that is underpinned by a scholarship of teaching and learning.
- To promote a culture of inquiry and social enterprise through technology-based postgraduate studies, research, and innovation in current and emerging niche areas.
- To promote mutually-beneficial academic, social, and economic partnerships
- To provide supportive teaching and learning, working and living environment for staff and students
TUT Contact Centre
Staatsartillerie Road, Pretoria West
GPS: (25º43’53.55”S 28º09’40.38”E)